April 03, 2010

Printers blocks: Something fishy




While still buzzing from the Letterpress workshop I thought I might show you some of the old letterpress printers blocks I have gathered over the years. This one is one of my absolute favorites. I do love fish, and who could resist this ugly mug? Actually, this is more what we in Norwegian would call 'styggpen', which I guess would translate to ugly-pretty. Which basically means that it is ugly enough to be charming and unique.. underdog pretty. But I also love all the intricate detail and the fact that it seems to have been used a lot. At the moment this is just sitting in a drawer, and it would feel very satisfying to use it for printing again.

I also have a small sole, which would also be great to get out of retirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails