March 30, 2010

Letterpress Workshop

Yesterday I had the best day! I took a one-day letterpress workshop at Harrington & Squires - a printshop in North London run by two fabulous ladies, Chrissie and Vicky. The fact that they were in London, using Adanas, sold me on the workshop initially. The fact that they were super sweet, fun, generous and knowledgeable,  making stuff that I love, in the most charming premises ever was a lovely bonus! Even lunch was outstanding! I am still kicking myself for forgetting to bring my camera!! We spent the day going through all the basics - presses, general equipment, design, setting type, paper. Basically everything you need to know to get started. 


I made my own very first letterpress cards, wich came out pretty good....for a first attempt. Now, on my way home, my head it just throbbing with ideas and possibilities. So much information that I'm hoping not to forget. Can't wait to get going on my own press! Thank you so much, ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails